The purpose was to orient and introduce teachers to Buddhist Philosophy, visit places of cultural importance in Trongsa and carry out classroom observation which included shadowing a/group of student(s) and collect three critical teaching vignettes observed during the classroom observation.
17th & 20th March 2015: Institute of Language and Culture Studies (ILCS)
The 2 day session with ILCS was facilitated by Lopen Luntaen Gyatsho(Director) and Khenpo Tshering Dhendup (Dean of Academic Affairs.):
1. Understanding Human Beings and Human Relationships- Lopen Lungtaen Gyatsho
2. Overview of Buddhism- Khenpo Tshering Dhendup
3. Practical aspects of Buddhist Philosophy- Khenpo Tshering Dhendup
4. Deconstructing Compassion- Lopen Lungtaen Gyatsho
5. GNH: is it a pursuit of happiness- Lopen Lungtaen Gyatsho
A session on Lunar & Solar Eclipse was included on the 20th March and presented by Khenpo Samten
18th March 2015: School Visits
The purpose was to shadow a/group of student(s) and collect three critical teaching vignettes observed during the classroom observation. On returning to Paro, an analytical paper of approximately 1500 words would be submitted.
19th March 2015: Culture Tour
Trongsa Dzong and the Tower of Trongsa Museum