Two members of Google Volunteers, Hana Marsalkova and Sumodh Tharien are at the Royal Academy for three and half days training programme on Google Educational Applications.
Day 1 – Course content:
• Introduction to Google Edu & Apps.
• Gmail & Drive (Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Forms).
• Interactive session with the group on practice & context of usage, along with Inspirational videos associated with these Apps..
Day 2 – Course content:
• Google Search, YouTube, Google Maps.
• Showcase of application of all of these in the world today by regular people as well as organizations.
• Using these apps for some top subjects in the school’s curriculum – sample showcase.
Day 3 – Course content:
• The social web: Google+ (G+) and usage of this app within the teaching groups, video conference, chat. Usage cases.
• G+ & Youtube as a way to manage the brand of the school to the outside world, i.e. marketing and PR with the help of Google platforms.
• Ideas session & Fun: Video showcase to demonstrate how organizations have used the web to communicate better & bring about change in their audience.
• Internet privacy